HypnoBirthing® is a comprehensive childbirth education program based on the belief that birth is a natural, normal physiological function. Women's bodies are designed to conceive, nurture and birth their babies. In the absence of special circumstances, healthy women and their healthy babies deserve to be attended in a nurturing manner, consistent with the status of their health.
A HypnoBirthing® class will prepare you and your partner to achieve the gentle, intuitive birth you desire. We bring mother, partner, and baby together in a beautiful perinatal, prenatal, and postnatal bonding experience. You will fill your toolbox with techniques so that when the time comes you can choose which techniques suit you best.
What you'll learn
- Techniques to achieve instant and deep relaxation
- Visualization exercises
- Partner's role during labor and birth
- Choosing the right provider for you
- How to write a birth plan and discuss it with your provider
- Nutrition and exercise tips for pregnancy
- Breathing techniques for each stage of labor
- Positions for labor and delivery
- Affirmations for a positive mindset
- To release fears surrounding birth and parenting
- Your body's perfect design and an overview of the physiology of childbirth
We are conditioned by our society to fear birth. Images in movies, television, and popular culture portray birth as an extremely painful and fear-inducing experience. These messages are reaffirmed by people we know who often tell us their birth "horror stories." In truth, women's bodies are perfectly designed to give birth, and it does not need to be an experience full of fear. We use hypnosis (a state of being open to suggestion) to release fear surrounding birth and parenting and ensure your body is filled with the feel-good endorphins it needs to make birth a peaceful, gentle experience. The class will help you get in touch with your body's instinctive birthing wisdom. You will walk away confident in your body's ability to give birth and well prepared to achieve the birth you want.
A HypnoBirthing® class is conducive to all birthing choices: natural, epidural, induction, home birth, hospital birth, and cesarean. The relaxation skills we practice are beneficial no matter how you intend to give birth, and you’ll find they come in handy to help handle the stresses of parenthood as well.